The first Messy church on 30th September was a real success. We had about 30 kids and parents as well as a great number of volunteers attending, and the whole event was a good witness. Thank you so much to everyone that prayed, cooked, crafted and worshipped!
St. Andrew’s church is running it’s next ‘Messy Church’ on Monday 11th November. This will be at St. Andrew’s church rather than at the infants school. This time the theme is “light of the world”. As such we need to borrow different kinds of lights to decorate church and for the worship session.:
- desktop lights
- fairy lights/led string lights
- lanterns (electric, not “real” candle please)
If you have any of these, please could you bring them to church between now and 11th November. It would be a good idea to label them so that we can be sure the lights go back to the correct donor!
We will need quite a few volunteers in order to make Messy church work, specifically the following jobs:
- Catering (hot-dog sausages, baked beans, salad)
- Helping with the five different craft activities:
- Cards in shape of candles or light bulbs
- “stained glass windows” – made out of tissue paper stuck in cut out shapes from black card
- paper lanterns
- decorated hats
- card “spirals” made from holographic card
- Enthusiastic worshippers!
- Being on hand to talk and pray with people
- Helping to cover the cost of craft materials
- Lots of prayer before, during and after the event itself
I will be initially purchasing the required craft materials, mainly cardstock of various types. Once I know the total cost of the materials I will ask for donations to help cover the cost. There is a sign up sheet at the back of church for those who wish to help in the ways described above.. Chris Goodhew